Diagnostic services offered in cooperation with East Tennessee Children’s Hospital and the University of Tennessee Hospital
- Interpretation of echocardiographic studies at ETCH, UT, and Ft. Sanders Hospitals: Drs. Bremer and Liske are pleased to work with the hospital sonographers interpreting studies performed on both inpatient and outpatient children. They have been instrumental in the training of these sonographers for many years.
- Transesophageal (TEE) imaging: On occasion, a patient’s echocardiographic images obtained through the chest are inadequate, and a Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE) is then required. This is particularly the case in larger patients with complex diagnoses. A probe is placed through the mouth into the esophagus (swallowing tube) behind the heart to obtain clear images. We perform the scans ourselves in coordination with the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital or Anesthesia teams to ensure that the procedure is safe and painless. Drs. Liske and Bremer have personally performed more than 1,500 “TEE’s.”
- Exercise treadmill testing: Treadmill testing may be performed for the evaluation of chest pain, heart rhythm disorders, severe heart defects, or unusual fatigue. We monitor patients directly during this procedure, interpreting the information generated, and give results to the family immediately upon the conclusion of the study.
- Radiology services: Chest X-ray, CT, MRI, nuclear medicine lung scans, and nuclear medicine cardiac scans performed at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital and UT Medical Center are read by each center’s radiologist. We are excited to have instantaneous internet-based access to the images themselves to better guide treatment given to each patient.
- Laboratory services: Various labs drawn at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital and UT hospital are readily available for review through our security preserved internet connections to each facility.