Why Choose Us
Here are the top 11 reasons, in no particular order, why you should consider us to provide cardiac care for your family:
- We manage a very wide spectrum of cardiac diseases across an equally wide age range.
- We provide advanced echocardiographic imaging with our doctors doing the scanning themselves in the office. After the study is complete, a full explanation is given to the family.
- We are the only pediatric and fetal echocardiography lab in Knoxville that is certified by the Intersocietal Commission on the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
- We believe in Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control. We also believe in Hope.
- We readily admit that no doctor can know everything about every variation of every cardiac condition affecting every type of child or adult who might have various types of other medical conditions. Dr. Bremer and Dr. Liske recognize the need to consult each other, to consult the growing published medical literature, and to consult nationally and internationally recognized experts about complex cases, if needed. We enjoy learning in the process.
- Everyone on our staff loves children!
- Results, results, results: Our goals are that your child is happy, attends school, gets good grades, participates on his or her favorite athletic team, engages in a meaningful career, falls in love, has a family, and lives to be 85 years old. We can’t always achieve all these goals, but we sure will work our hardest with you to accomplish as many as possible.
- We are the only pediatric cardiologists in Knoxville with advanced fellowship training in fetal echocardiography, diagnosis, management, and counseling. We personally scan each mother to look at her baby's heart and then counsel the family without delay.
- We prioritize education: about your child’s heart condition, about treatment options, and about the best surgical center for repair if one is needed. We make decisions with you.
- We make it our goal to ensure you understand your child's heart condition, using patient-friendly diagrams, and we take time to answer all your questions.
- We will treat your child as if he or she were our own!